Laugh your way to health
Our teeth has to last us a lifetime, so it is sensible to take care of them. Oral hygiene is very important and cannot be taken lightly. Here are some tips to take care of your teeth.
1. Brush twice a day both in the morning and before going to bed. Train children from childhood to do so. A soft angled brush with rounded bristles can be used.
2. Eat plenty of calcium rich food and protein as they are essential for healthy teeth.
3. Learn the proper way of brushing from your dentist. Special attention should be paid to the back teeth and gaps between the teeth. Floss regularly.
4. Change your toothbrush once in 2 months.
5. Massage your gums with your finger tip to improve blood circulation.
6. Avoid sugary foods and drinks to reduce your risk of tooth decay.
7. Home remedy for Bad Breath
Chew fennel seeds, cardamom seeds or mint to get rid of bad breath.
Take 2 cloves after meals to freshen your breath.
Chewing tender guava leaves helps to get rid of bad breath.
Boil guava leaves in water for 10 minutes. After it cools, filter it and use that water as a mouthwash.
Chew Parsley leaves to get rid of bad breath. You can boil few sprigs of parsley and 2-3 cloves in 2 cups of water. After it cools, strain it and use it to gargle several times a day.
8. Gargle with salt (rock salt) water every night after meals.
9. Cleaning of tongue is also important for oral hygiene.
10. Use toothpaste containing fluoride.
11. Do not take very hot or very cold food.
12. Avoid smoking ,drinking alcohol and chewing tobacco.
7.13. Have a regular check up with your dentist.
“Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right.”