Baked chicken on rice
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
• 2 1/2 cups milk
• 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
• 2 (4.5 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
• 2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut each chicken breast in half to make a total of 8 pieces; set aside.
2. Mix cream of mushroom soup with milk. Reserve 1 cup of mixture. Combine remaining mixture with rice, undrained mushrooms and 1 envelope of dry onion soup mix.
3. Spoon rice mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange chicken pieces on top. Pour reserved soup mixture over chicken and sprinkle with other envelope of onion soup mix. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
Remove cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and serve.
“Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right.”